We got this Garmin nuvi 765T GPS device a few months back and it has been extremely helpful. Package includes: Garmin GPS receiver, windshield mount, vehicle power adapter, USB cable and user manual.
GPS or Global Positioning System is a space-based global navigation system that provides location anywhere on earth. It is maintained by the United States government and is freely accessible by anyone with a GPS receiver. It's is like Google earth or a digital map but even better.
1. With digital maps, what you do is you search the location or address and trace the roads on how to get there. GPS does all that work for you. All you have to do is enter the address. There's a voice command. You don't even have to look at the GPS screen. You just need to glance at it a bit, like how you glance at your car's rear view or side mirrors, to check if you're still on the highlighted road.
2. It gives you the shortest route. If let's say you weren't paying attention and made a wrong turn, the GPS re-routes you automatically.
3. It has lane assist. It reminds you of approaching U-turn lanes. There's a lot in Metro Manila especially along EDSA and the traffic enforcers are really strict about it. You can't be in the u-turn lane unless you're going to take that u-turn.
4. It is extremely handy on road trips, especially when it's your first time going to that place.
5. The more advanced and more expensive GPS (not yet available in the Philippines) is able to give traffic updates, weather updates and estimated time of arrival.
You might think you don't need it but when you live in a city where billboard ads are more numerous than the directional road signs and corrupt traffic enforcers are more eager to lurk and catch violators than actually prevent the violation from happening, you may consider buying one.
So that's it for now, have a great week ahead!
tags: gadget, gadgets, Garmin GPS, Garmin nuvi 765T, GPS, navigational device