Monday, July 11, 2011

Our Magic-al Date

Naldo and I were being spontaneous last Saturday and so we woke up really early just to attend the Magic 2012 or M12 pre-release launch at Eton Cyberpod Corinthian. The original plan was for me-Shirl to join the MTG tournament. The registration fee was PhP 1200 and with that you get:
a seat at the tournament

6 Magic 2012 booster packs,


and 1 promo card (Bloodlord of Vaasgoth).


Unfortunately, I didn't get to join. We thought they were going to provide Magic 2012 dueling packs to registered players but they did not and I didn't bring a deck with me. =( Naldo suggested we get a new deck but I thought we've only been playing for a week. Hahaha! Yes we're completely newbies and there I was trying to join the tournament. Anyway, so yeah we've only had our deck for a couple of days and I didn't want us to be buying new ones yet. So we just observed a little bit, checked a few trader's folders and went to have lunch.


Here's a glimpse of the M12 cards. They are pretty nasty. =)


After lunch, Naldo wanted to check a Magic store in SM Megamall and so we headed there. But before more Magic, we had a detour. There was a Gundam Caravan workshop going on.


At first we just wanted to have a free catalog...


but we learned that we get to take home a Gundam SD if we join the SD building and painting contest.

Win or lose, the SD Gundam is yours- who can refuse that? It's totally free. There's no registration fee and you don't have to buy anything to join. All you have to do is attend the workshop- which we did.

If I had brought my deck, we would not have been able to take home these cuties!


That's it for today! Hope you're happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment