Thursday, December 30, 2010

Fairy For a Day

I have always loved my mom's lawn and thought it would make a great location for a fairy photo shoot. I didn't bring any costume so I had to buy. Good thing I found a 100 peso dress. Gosh! By the look of it, it should be free.
The dress obviously needed fixing so I removed the top most "ruffle" and modified the sleeves. It was like 5 sizes bigger so I had to adjust the sides and sew by hand.

I made a flower crown out of real leaves and flowers from my mom's garden. Glitters were inevitable. During our shoot, glitters were falling off from me and they seemed like fairy dust-- I felt like a real fairy! I'm clueless on the make-up subject so I won't even dare explain what I did to my face.

Anyway, here are photos from our shoot and famous fairy quotes to spice them up..

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."--- Mark Twain (Interview in Seattle Star, Nov. 30, 1905, p. 8)

"Where you believe there is magic...you will find it." --Unknown

"Once upon an enchanted evening, fireflies danced, and fairies made wishes come true..." ---Unknown

This was three days ago. No plants or fairies were harmed during this shoot.

We wish we didn't have to compress photos coz the quality sucks after. The difference is just way too much which is disappointing. Oh well, that's it for now. We wish every one a happy new year! =)

2 comments:

  1. Is the layout new? I was just here yesterday, and now, you have pistachio shells. LOL. The before pic made me laugh a bit. The fairy photos, on the other hand turned out really good even if the quality was reduced. :D I especially liked the one where you seem to be emerging from the leaves of the plant! Reminds me of A Midsummer Night's Dream with Callista Flockhart and Rupert Everet. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Chad! That's really strange... layout's been like this for more than a month now. Anyway, thanks for appreciating. Re: fairy photo 3- that's my favorite too! Thanks to the flash, the photo just came out like that. It was like magic- hehe! Happy New Year Chad!

    ReplyDelete